safety is our priority
June 14, 2021 Update: Vermont has reached the benchmark of an 80% vaccinated population and has rescinded all emergency mandates. The state is now fully open.
- As part of Vermont’s phased reopening plan, there is new travel guidance, effective May 14, 2021. Except for international travel, travel no longer requires testing or quarantine.
- In Vermont, masks are required in public spaces for people who are not vaccinated.
- Click to find out more current travel guidelines and read about Vermont State’s out-of-state travel restrictions. This information is updated weekly.
- We are in a secluded, rural Vermont location on over 375 acres of privately-owned land.
2. No shared common spaces. Our cabins are self-contained, single unit, well-spaced, and fully furnished. Each cabin has private entrances and dedicated (free) parking.
3. Ability to prepare your own meals in private full kitchens inside each cabin.
4. Housekeeping only comes before and after your stay to avoid any traffic coming in or out. Your cabin is 100% yours during your entire stay.
5. We have implemented an optional “curb-side” check-in process (3pm to 8pm), with minimal interaction at your vehicle (utilizing social distancing and masks), and we also offer remote check-in upon request. If you are checking in after 8pm, just give us a call for our late check-in process. We also have a remote check-out process so that you can leave your private cabin and head straight home without having to interact with anyone!
6. Our property offers a variety of safe activities for you and your party to stay active and have fun. Check those out below!
1. We ask that unvaccinated guests wear face coverings over their mouth and nose when in the presence of others outside of their party. We will provide you with a disposable face covering if needed.
2. Practice social distancing around other guests and Sterling Ridge Resort staff.
3. Follow any signage reminding guests to practice social distancing while on walking trails/property, as well as any other safe practices.
1. Toiletries: toilet paper, tissues, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap
2. Linens: sheets, blankets, comforters, towels
3. Kitchen: dishwasher tablets, dish soap, coffee, salt, pepper, pots and pans, dishes, silverware,
4. We stock extra items in the office for our guests to get any time they need
Yes, the outdoor pool is currently open.
The Welcome Center is open for guests to restock on supplies, purchase items at our Ridge Store, etc.
What should I do if I suspect I have the novel coronavirus or have symptoms of respiratory illness right before my check-in date?
Please call us at (802) 644-8265 and inquire about our “Flex Travel” policy so that you can reschedule your visit (without penalty) to another time when you are feeling well.
Current Cancellation Policy:
What if I can’t make my reservation due to COVID-19? Do you have a flexible cancellation policy?
We understand that during these uncertain times, it is hard to make plans and even harder to know if those plans will change. We also know you are looking to get away, and we would love to have you come stay at Sterling Ridge! That’s why we have implemented a “Flex Travel” policy:
a. If you know when you can reschedule your visit, we will work with you to move your stay to a later date, with no additional fees or penalties. We will simply transfer over the deposit you’ve already made to your new date.
b. If you aren’t sure when you can reschedule your visit, no problem! We can hold on to your deposit and apply it to a future reservation made in the next 24 months!
c. If you would like to cancel your reservation, our standard cancellation policy applies.
What safe activities are available for guests to do?
The Green Mountains of Vermont are known for hiking and the famous Long Trail. Short drive for hikes on Long Trail such as Prospect Rock (Johnson), Sterling Pond (Smugglers’ Notch State Park) and Laraway (Waterville). These hikes can be challenging so be sure to wear appropriate footwear, bring snacks and water, and wear layers.
Three miles of private trails at Sterling Ridge Resort which connect to the Windridge Community Trails. There is also the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail that winds along the Lamoille River. Both are perfect places for a family walk or a doggie stroll. Maps are available.
Sterling Ridge has private trails that are great for mountain biking. Our trails even connect to the Windridge Community trails that tie into the local mountain bike trails (Midlands Trail) or check out the local Lamoille Valley Rail Trail.
Explore our large pond in one of our kayaks, canoes or paddle boat. You are also welcome to bring your own kayak or canoe for self-guided tours on the Lamoille River or our pond.
Bring games for indoor entertainment.
Grab some firewood and enjoy a peaceful night by an outdoor fire. We have s’mores baskets available for purchase that can be waiting for you when you arrive at your cabin.