What's There to do Around Here?
Our area offers adventures large and small for anyone to enjoy. Find exciting things to do in Vermont like hiking and biking adventures to water and snow activities – shopping, dining, and much more. Join us for your next getaway to the Green Mountains of Vermont.
*Route 108 closes during the winter.
Warm Weather Fun
fun in the sun
- Take a walk on our natural road, through a covered bridge out to Brewster River Park. While there, enjoy a refreshing dip in one of many swimming holes along the way.
- Vermont Canoe & Kayak – In the summer months, take a lazy paddle down the Lamoille with a self guided tour or guided tour such as “Water & Wine” – the only winery tour available!
- Download our Sterling Ridge Hiking Map
- Guide to local hiking trails available at the Office
- Lamoille Valley Rail Trail
- Stowe Recreation Path
- Auto Toll Road
- Long Trail
- Brewster River Park
- Rental bikes available at Bootleggers Bikes
- Mountain Biking – Check out the Vermont Mountain Bike Association’s website for more info.
- Vermont Lake Monsters Minor League Baseball – 55 min drive
Adventurous types might consider:
- Seg Rides of Vermont
- Lajoie Stables (horseback riding) – 10 min drive
- Stowe Rocks Climbing Center – 20 min drive
- Lamoille Valley Electric Bike Tours
- Gondola SkyRide
- MotoVermont – Motorbike Adventure Outfitters. Tours & Rentals.
Offering a variety of farm, fresh products, locally made artisan products, food vendors and live music! Shop directly from the farmer and get a bounty of fresh, locally grown produce and handmade crafts.
- Jeffersonville Vermont Farmers & Artisan Market: Wednesday: 4:30 – 7:30 (Jun – Oct)
- Fairfax Farmers Market: Thursdays 4:30 – 7:30 (Jun – Oct)
- Jericho Mills Riverside Farmers Market: Thursdays 3:00 – 6:30 (May – Oct)
- Five Corners Farmers Market (Essex Junction):Friday 3:30 – 7:30 (Jun – Sept)
- Burlington Farmers Market: Saturdays 8:30 – 2:00 (May – Oct)
- Morrisville Farmers’ Market: Saturday 9:00 – 1:00 (May – Oct)
- Northwest Farmers’ Market (St. Albans): Saturday 9:00 – 2:00 (May – Oct)
- Stowe Farmers Market: Sundays 10:30 – 3:00
For more farmers markets checkout www.nofavt.org
Fall foliage, Vermont is bursting with color—crimson, ginger, gold—over hills and mountains. You can view Vermont’s fall foliage in many different ways.
“Depending on when you time your trip, the colors will be either descending toward the greener valley or brightening the lowlands as the summits turn the dun shades of late autumn.” ~ Yankee Magazine, Sept./Oct. 2007 issue
Fall foliage in Vermont also brings us apples, pumpkins, and other locally grown produce!
- Valley Dream Farm – Cambridge, VT: Pumpkins, flowers and more
- Chamberlin’s Garden & Farm Market – Underhill, VT: Pumpkins
- Chapin Orchard – Essex Jct: Apples, pumpkins and more
- Adams Apple Orchard & Farm Market – Willison, VT: Apples, pumpkins and more
- Allenholm Farm – So. Hero, VT: Apples, pumpkins and more
- Hackett’s Orchards – So. Hero, VT: Apples, bakery, cider mill
- Shelburne Orchards – Shelburne, VT: Apples and more
- Burtt’s Apple Orchards – Cabot, VT: Apples, pumpkins, and cherries
Cold Weather Activities
fun in the snow
Occasionally we can acquire discounted ski passes for our guests – ask us at booking!
Explore the property right here at Sterling Ridge Resort or adventure out to the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail.
Complimentary snowshoes are available for Sterling Ridge Resort guests to use on resort property.
Cross Country Skiing in the Area:
- Trapp Family Lodge XC, Stowe
- Hazens Notch XC, Montgomery
- Smugglers Notch XC, Jeffersonville
- Edson Hill, Stowe
- Wiessner Woods, Stowe
- Stowe Rec. Path, Stowe
- Lamoille Valley Rail Trail, Jeffersonville trailhead
- Cricket Hill Trails, Hyde Park
A popular and fun way to enjoy the winter beauty.
Green Mountain Snowmobile Adventures – Offering guided day and evening tours.
Vermont Maple Experience
Spring is the time to “get your maple on”!
Not only is maple syrup delicious atop pancakes and waffles it is also a great alternative to processed sugar for use in cooking and baking. Sap flows during the spring in Vermont, and we invite you to come and celebrate all things maple with us! While making your reservation, be sure to select “Learn where maple syrup comes from!” to reserve a spot on a tour of the Snowshoe Pond/Rock Mountain sugar woods and sugar house. Learn all about tapping, boiling, and grading. At the end of the your experience, you will receive a 1/2 pint of maple syrup, pancake mix, and a smail (4 oz.) bag of maple sugar.
Why is maple so important to Sterling Ridge?
The owners of Sterling Ridge, Barb and George, also have a large, certified organic maple syrup operation, and they use the sap from maple trees in the forest around Sterling Ridge to produce their wonderful maple syrup (which is also for sale in the Ridge Store!). The Salg family is always around to answer any questions you may have about making maple syrup, as syrup making is an art that has been passed down through their family for generations.
And don’t forget, Vermont Maple Open House weekend is March 21 & 22, 2019, when many of the area sugarhouses are open for visitors and tours.
Things to Do All Year Round
Gifts & Art:
- Jeffersonville Country Store – 5 min drive
- Iris Lane Studios – 5 min drive
- Visions of Vermont – 5 min drive
- Bryan Memorial Art Gallery – 5 min drive
- Artists’ Mediums Art Shop – 10 min drive
- Two Sisters Mill & Mercantile – 5 min drive
Markets & Grocery:
- Cold Hollow Cider Mill – 40 min drive (50 when the notch is closed)
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour – 45 min drive (55 when the notch is closed)
- Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory – 55 min drive
- Vermont Maple Outlet – Where you can find Brown & Jenkins coffee! 10 min drive
- Quarry Hill Farm – 10 min drive
- 158 Main Restaurant – 5 min drive
- Jeffersonville Pizza Dept – 5 min drive
- Village Tavern – 5 min drive
- Brewster River Pub & Brewery – 10 min drive
- The Broken Yoke – 5 min drive
- The FamilyTable – 5 min drive
- The Cupboard Deli Bakery – 5 min drive
- Hearth & Candle – 10 min drive
- Martell’s at the Red Fox – 5 min drive
- Moog’s Joint – 10 min drive
- Downtown Pizza – 10 min drive
Wines & Spirits:
For Vermont Craft Brewery tours visit bestinvt.com
- Covered Bridge Tour
- Echo Leahy Center for Lake Champlain – 60 min drive
- Shelburne Museum – 1 hr drive
- Shelburne Farms – 1 hr drive
- Vermont Teddy Bear Factory – 1 hr drive
- Rock of Ages Granite Quarry – 1 hr 5 min drive (1 hr 20 min drive when the notch is closed)
- Country Boy Classics – a 20-minute drive
Spas & Massage:
- Lamoille County Players – 20 min drive
- Bijou Cineplex 4
- Essex Cinemas
- Majestic 10 Theater
- Welden Theater