What's There to do Around Here?
Through Vermont Phased Reopening, most businesses are open in some capacity and plan to be fully operational by July 2021. Our area offers adventures large and small for anyone to enjoy. Find exciting things to do in Vermont like hiking and biking adventures to water and snow activities – shopping, dining, and much more. Join us for your next getaway to the Green Mountains of Vermont.
*Route 108 closes during the winter.
Warm Weather Fun
fun in the sun
- Take a walk on our natural road, through a covered bridge out to Brewster River Park. While there, enjoy a refreshing dip in one of many swimming holes along the way.
- Vermont Canoe & Kayak – In the summer months, take a lazy paddle down the Lamoille with a self-guided tour or guided tour such as “Water & Wine” – the only winery tour available!
Cold Weather Activities
fun in the snow
Occasionally we can acquire discounted ski passes for our guests – ask us at booking!
Vermont Maple Experience
Spring is the time to “get your maple on”!
Not only is maple syrup delicious atop pancakes and waffles it is also a great alternative to processed sugar for use in cooking and baking. Sap flows during the spring in Vermont, and we invite you to come and celebrate all things maple with us! We have limited availability to “Learn where maple syrup comes from!” Call (802-644-8265) to book a cabin and see if there is availability for a tour of the Snowshoe Pond/Rock Mountain sugar woods and sugar house. Learn all about tapping, boiling, and grading. At the end of the your experience, you will receive a sweet treat! $60 per person plus tax, children under the age of 5 free.
Available Spring 2023!
Why is maple so important to Sterling Ridge?
The owners of Sterling Ridge, Barb and George, also have a large, certified organic maple syrup operation, and they use the sap from maple trees in the forest around Sterling Ridge to produce their wonderful maple syrup (which is also for sale in the Ridge Store!). The Salg family is always around to answer any questions you may have about making maple syrup, as syrup making is an art that has been passed down through their family for generations.
Things to Do All Year Round
Gifts & Art:
- Jeffersonville Country Store – 5 min drive
- Iris Lane Studios – 5 min drive
- Visions of Vermont – 5 min drive
- Bryan Memorial Art Gallery – 5 min drive
- Two Sisters Mill & Mercantile – 5 min drive
Markets & Grocery:
Many local events will be back on the schedule for Summer 2021! Vermont’s Festival culture ranges from brew tastings, hot air balloon rides, arts and crafts, maker fairs, and everything in between!