- Glider Ride – Get a bird’s eye view to experience Vermont fall foliage and all the beauty it brings. Stowe Soaring Guider Rides offers an adventure of a lifetime with highly experienced pilots, whether you are a novice or an experienced pilot you won’t be disappointed. Stowe Soaring offers everything from a 10 minute soar up to about 1 hour of soaring.
- Zipline – Fly through the tree tops and learn about the different trees that produce Vermont’s beautiful fall colors. Experience Vermont Fall Foliage with Arbortrek right here in Jeffersonville.
- Hike – Not only is Vermont known for its amazing fall foliage, but to experience Vermont fall foliage on its amazing hiking trails is to be one with nature! Start right at your cabin at Sterling Ridge Log Cabin Resort. There are trails throughout the property for a nice leisurely stroll through the woods. Looking for a bit more of a challenge? Jump on the famous Long Trail and visit spots like Prospect Rock in Johnson or Sterling Pond in Smugglers’ Notch State Park.
- Drive – The easiest way to experience Vermont fall foliage is right from your very own vehicle. Since most guests at Sterling Ridge have probably arrived via their vehicle, we recommend checking out some of the self-guided driving tours available. One of Sterling Ridge’s favorite is the North East Kingdom “leaf peeper” drive. As explained in this article “Kissing the Kingdom”.
- Apple Picking – One of the tastiest ways to experience Vermont fall foliage! Vermont has several apple orchards and many are just a short drive from Sterling Ridge Log Cabins. Allenholm Farm, in South Hero, is close to the shores of Lake Champlain. They feature not only an orchard but have a “farm store” with homemade pies and artwork plus, a “petting paddock” where you can get up close to actual farm animals! Other suggested orchards: Adams Apple Orchard, Chapin Orchard, Hackett’s Orchard and Shelburne Orchard.
There are so many different ways to experience Vermont fall foliage when you stay at Sterling Ridge Log Cabins that you will have to visit again and again to get everything in!